• Jurate avataras Topic Author
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 8 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 5 mėn. #3749 nuo Jurate
Jurate replied the topic: Winter FRIDAY Homework
This is your homework for next week, the 4th of December:
Everyone! Write about an event in your past and learn to tell it
(Arunas, Renata, Poplyn, Alma and me already have our stories ;) )

Read the story about a small boy Afel who wanted to be a skier.

DĖMESIO: Spoileris! [ Spustelėkite, kad išplėsti ]

You can listen to the story and do the exercises here:
learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en/stories-and-poems/skier

Learn new words:
a skier [skie] - slidininkas; snow [snou] - sniegas; ice [ais] - ledas; a field [fi:ld] - laukas; a desert [dezert] - dykuma; a hill [hil] - kalva; to fly [flai] / flew [fliu] -skristi/ skrido; the Winter Olympics - Olimpinės žiemos žaidynės; athletics - atletika; skiing [skying] - slidinėjimas; skating [skeiting] - čiuožimas; runners [ranez] - bėgikai; to come on TV - pasirodyti per TV; an uncle [ankl] - dėdė; to need [ni:d] - reikėti; to be in love with - mylėti; to think of - galvoti apie; it matters [it me:tez] - tai yra svarbu; it doesn't matter [it daznt me:te] - tai nesvarbu; at first - iš pradžių; to move [mu:v] - judėti; never mind [neve maind] - nieko tokio; [satellite [satelait] - palydovinis; to wear/ wore [wiea: / wo:] - vilkėti / vilkėjo; a bright colour [brait kala/r/] - ryški spalva; a team [ ti:m] komanda; quickly [kuikli] - greitai; a few [fju:]- keletas

Answer these questions and learn to tell:
Who was Afel? Did he have snow in his country? Where did he live? Where did he first see the real snow? Did he like snow? How did he know about the Winter Olympics and about skiers? Where did he got skis? Where did he practice? Do you think Afel is stupid?

Please, play GAMES! Let's practice English online together! :)
edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/10-forum-games-chat
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 8 m. 5 mėn. nuo Jurate.

Please Prisijungti to join the conversation.

More
prieš 8 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 5 mėn. #3787 nuo Violeta
Violeta replied the topic: Winter FRIDAY Homework
My story,
I was with my friends in Greece during the last holiday. We traveled by plane from Vilnius Airport on (=to) the island of Crete. We flew in May. In Lithuania spring was cold, so people were dressed with(=in) jackets (=wore jackets). In Crete weather was warm around 30 degrees Celsius. In the sea, the water was warm too . We lived in the (=a) big hotel near the sea bank(=near the beach OR in a seaside hotel ). We could swim in the sea or in the (=a) large pool at the hotel. In the evenings, we went to the town, to sit in cafes. One day we went to the island of Spinalonga. It was very interesting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jurate

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 8 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 5 mėn. #3792 nuo Jurate
Nice story! :) Did you speak English with Greeks?

to be dressed in -būti apsirengusiam (ką nors); to wear - vilkėti. Always use "a" when you mention something for the first time: "I stayed at a hotel. The hotel was nice"

More
prieš 8 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 5 mėn. #3834 nuo Renata
Renata replied the topic: Winter FRIDAY Homework
My holiday;

I was in Egypt during my last holiday. My holiday was in the winter on February.I was in Egypt with my children and my sister.
We traveled by car from Pasvalys to Vilnius , from Vilnius to Hurgada we traveled by plane.
My holiday lasted two weeks.The hotel was near the beach.
The hotel named(=was called)-- King Tut.We sunbathed, we played, swam in the Red Sea, We snorkelled and saw a lot of colorful fish.We ate different food, watched local dances.
We walked in the city of Hurgada in the evening.In the centre of Hurgada one can get fresh juice,orange juice is very popular.
There was an aqua park, my children were very happy.My son rode on a camel. My daughter met a lot of new friends.
I love a white sand, a yellow sun, a blue sky, a green grass, the colorful flowers.
I'm sure - we will to come back.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 8 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 5 mėn. #3842 nuo Jurate
Wow! What a nice account! I like it! :cheer:
to be called - būti vadinamam
to be named - būti pavadintam (pagal ką nors )
For example: I'm called Jurate. I'm named after the mythical mermaid
I love white sand, yellow sun, blue sky...- su neskaičiuotinais daiktais ir unikaliais objektais (saulė, dangus) 'a' artikelio nereikia.
... colorful flowers - apskritai visas pasaulio spalvingas gėles, todėl nereikia 'the'.

More
prieš 8 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 5 mėn. #3850 nuo angeliuke
angeliuke replied the topic: Winter FRIDAY Homework
when I came back from England, i had a very good time with my good friend. In the last summer i was to in Jurmala, my friend in the Latvia have a cousin. He lives in fields(=the country? kaime?),away from the Seaside. We lived in a little hut.We went to pick up mushrooms,we produce=cooked mushrooms,Then I had a good time at Sea( jūroje?),he gift of (=gave me) photos, we were at sea ( jūroje?), lying in Seaside=on the beach, those days I was the happiest in those days.

More
prieš 8 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 5 mėn. #3851 nuo Asta
Asta replied the topic: Winter FRIDAY Homework
My Saturday
I went to Panevežys last saturday. I came there because i wanted to do shopping. I met my friend at Ryo shopping center. We did shopping for 4 hours. We bought a lot of things: dresses, boots, make up.
Than we went to eat at Charli pizza. We ate a pizza. It was very delicious. I had a good time
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 8 m. 5 mėn. nuo Asta.

• saulegraza
  • saulegraza avataras
  • Lankytojas
  • Lankytojas
prieš 8 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 4 mėn. #3854 nuo saulegraza
saulegraza replied the topic: Winter FRIDAY Homework
My last Sanday,
Last Sunday's I with my husband we went to a beautiful gir's Lėja's birthday.Her birhday was in a game room "Čiauškutis". Our Lėja was seven years old. She is my husband's grand-daughter. I baked a lot of small cakes and one large cake. We ate delicious food, we played games, danced and spendt the time very well.
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 8 m. 4 mėn. nuo saulegraza.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 8 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 4 mėn. #3860 nuo Jurate
Here's your homework for the 11th of December

1.Remember the impersonal THERE - prisiminkite beasmenį TEN
There is / There are - Yra (vns./dgs.)
There is not (isn't) / There are not (aren't) - Nėra (vns. / dgs.)
There is no/ There are no - Nėra (vns. / dgs.)
Is there ... ?/ Are there ... ? - Ar yra (vns. / dgs.)

-use There is/ There are... when you want you tell where people or things are, if they exist at all - naudokite šias frazes kai norite pasakyti, kur žmonės ar daiktai yra, ar jie išvis egzistuoja.
There's a car in the car park. - Mašinų aikštelėje yra mašina.
There are children in the yard - Kieme yra vaikai.
There's a lot of work to do in the garden - Sode daug darbo.
There isn't air on the Moon - Mėnulyje nėra oro.
There is no money for sweets - Nėra pinigų saldainiams.

-use 'a' for a singular noun. - su vienaskaitos daiktavardžiais naudokite 'a'
- Use 'any' in questions and negative sentences. - naudokite 'any' klausimuose ir neiginiuose. 'Any' in Lithuanian is '...kokių nors...? ...kiek nors...? -....jokių, ....nei kiek'.
-Use 'some' in positive sentences. - naudokite 'some' teigiamuose sakiniuose. 'Some' in Lithuanian is 'šiek tiek', 'keletas' 'dalis'.
There aren't any cars in the car park. - Mašinų aikštelėje nėra jokių mašinų.
There are some children in the yard - Kieme yra vaikų.
There is some work to do in the garden - Sode yra darbo.
There's some money in my account. - Mano sąskaitoje yra pinigų.
Are there any chairs in your bedroom? Yes, there are some. - Ar yra (kiek) kėdžių tavo miegamajam? Taip, yra keletas.
Is there anyone at the door? Yes, there is someone! - Ar kas nors yra prie likę durų? Taip, kažkas yra!
Is there any milk left in the fridge? No, there isn't any. - Ar yra kiek pieno šaldytuve? Ne, nėra nei kiek.

2. Learn new words:
I'm sorry for my mistakes in the class : a storey - aukštas and to talk out of - atkalbėti ; a single bed - viengulė lova :oops:
to talk out of [tok aut of]- atkalbėti; by the sea / on the beach/ at the seaside - prie jūros; to go to the seaside - važiuoti prie jūros; in the country / in the countryside - kaime (už miesto); a floor [flo:] - grindys, kelintas aukštas; a storey [stori] - pastato aukštas - tik kalbant apie pastato aukšti; the ground floor [graund flo:] - pirmas aukštas; I'm on the 5th floor - aš esu šeštame aukšte; It's a five-storey building - tai šešių aukštų pastatas; a double/a single bed -dvigulė/viengulė lova; in front of - priešais; under [ande] - po; next to - šalia, greta ; by/at - prie
There are new words on page 114 in Student Book (remember to listen to audios 6.1 and 6.2 in 'NEF Class CDs', Disc3)

Do exercises from the Interactive CD:

-do 6A in 'Words And Phrases'
-do 'Hotels' in 'Vocabulary Bank'
-listen to diphthongs (dvigarsiai) in 'Sound Bank':

[ea:] (there - ten) and [ie:] (here - čia)...

4. Do the exercises on pages 44 and 45 in Workbook
DĖMESIO: Spoileris! [ Spustelėkite, kad išplėsti ]

Remember to listen to audio 21 in 'NEF Workbook Audio CD' and repeat:

5. Now it is your turn to tell what there is in your house or in your flat or in the home of your dreams. Write on the Forum, please! :cheer:
FURNITURE VOCABULARY: edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/21-vocabulary-.../1716-furniture#3890

Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 8 m. 4 mėn. nuo Jurate.

More
prieš 8 m. 4 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 4 mėn. #3883 nuo Violeta
My flat,
I live in a three-storey building. My flat is on the ground floor. There is a children's room, a living room, a bedroom, a kitchen,a bathroom, a toilet room in my flat. There are two beds, a table, a wardrobe, a cupboard, shelves in the children's room. There is a sofa, an armchair, a carpet, a table, a woll furniture, a TV, curtains and a lot of flowers in the living room. There is a double bed, a dressing table, a closet with a large mirror in the bedroom. There are a lot of cupboards, a table, four chairs,a fridge, an oven,a dishwasher in the kitchen.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 8 m. 4 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 4 mėn. #3886 nuo Jurate
My flat is in a four-storey building near Pasvalys book shop. I live on the second floor. There are two rooms in my flat: my room and my mum's. There's a wireless Internet connection in my flat, two computers can connect to the Internet at once. There isn't a lot of furniture in my room. There's only a sofa, there's a wardrobe and there's a small cabinet where I keep magazines, my CDs and DVDs collection. There is a laptop on the cabinet but when I work on the computer, I take it with me on the sofa.There are no chairs in my room, because I don't like to sit on chairs. I prefer to lay on the sofa or to sit on the floor. There is no carpet on the floor nor curtains on my room's window, there are no flowers. I prefer to have more space and less things. My mother doesn't like my room. She likes furniture and curtains and table linens. There's a lot of furniture in her room. There are a big wall closet with a wardrobe, a dinning table with a beautiful linen and a TV set, a double bed and a carpet on the floor. There are no curtains on the windows in her room because the windows open to a glass enclosed balcony and there is no much light. There are lots of flowers in her room too. Our kitchen is very much like lots of kitchens in Lithuania: it isn't small nor big, there's a closet next to the door and two wall cabinets with a cupboard inside the kitchen. There is an oven and there's a fridge next to the sink. There's a window without curtains because I didn't like them and my mother agreed to take it down. There's a nice view to Pasvalys gymnasium from the kitchen window . The windows in my mum's room open to a dirty square and the view isn't so nice. But her room is very sunny and that's why it is our cat's favourite room.

More
prieš 8 m. 4 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 4 mėn. #3896 nuo Alma
Alma replied the topic: Winter FRIDAY Homework
My flat,
I live with my family in a four-storey building in=on Gėlių street. My flat is on the ground floor. There are three rooms in my flat ( a children's room, a living room, a bedroom) and a kitchen, a bathroom, a toilet room. In my living room there is a sofa, a TV, a table, curtains on the windows, a computer on the table, a wall closet with a wardrobe. In the bedroom there is a doube bed, a closet with a mirror, a TV, a chest-of-drawers. In the my kitchen there are a lot of cupboards, a table, four chairs, a fridge, an oven and a TV. In the children's room there is a bed, a table, a wardrobe, a computer, a chest-of-drawers. In the corridor there is a built-in wardrobe. My bedroom is very sunny but the living room is not sunny. The kitchen is my favourite room.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 8 m. 4 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 4 mėn. #3904 nuo Jurate
We say "I'm in the street" - aš esu gatvėje, but we say "I live on the street Didžioji"- aš gyvenu Didžiosios gatvėje.
And we say "I live at Three Rutu street" - "Aš gyvenu Rūtų 3" when we give numbers (kai sakome numerius)

It's not wrong to say "In the corridor there's a cabinet for shoes" but it is better (geriau) to say: "There's a cabinet for shoes in the corridor" :cheer:
It is better to say the place at the end and not at the beginning of the sentence (geriau sakyti vietą gale, o ne pradžioje sakinio.)

• saulegraza
  • saulegraza avataras
  • Lankytojas
  • Lankytojas
prieš 8 m. 4 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 4 mėn. #3914 nuo saulegraza
saulegraza replied the topic: Winter FRIDAY Homework
My dreams hause,(=house)
My dreams hause is on the shore of warm sea. There is a swimming pool and growing oranges, lemons and pomegranates growing in the garden. There is a kitchen and a dining room on the ground floor. There is a big TV in the dining room. There are two beds room on the second (=first- antrame) floor. There's a beautiful view outside the window. :silly: :cheer: :silly:

More
prieš 8 m. 4 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 4 mėn. #3921 nuo Asta
Asta replied the topic: Winter FRIDAY Homework
My flat
I live in a six-storey building flat near "Norfa". It is on the second floor. There are two rooms: living room and bedroom. There are =is a kitchen, a bathroom and a toilet in my flat also.
I sleep in the living room. There are two sofas, table, a wordrobe and the TV. There are a lot of flowers also.
There aren't a lot of furnitures in the bedroom, where sleep my parients sleep. It isn't a very big room. There are (=is) a double bed, a TV, a wordrobe(=a) ad one huge mirrow(=r).
There isn't a shower in the bathroom. There is a bath.
Other rooms, the kitchen and a=the toilet have a classic=typical furnitures.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 8 m. 4 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 4 mėn. #3927 nuo Jurate
Sorry, I forgot to tell you that there is or there are must match the first noun coming after (turi atitikti pirmą iš paskos sekantį daiktavardį):
There are three chairs and a table in the room. (kambaryje yra 3 kėdės ir stalas)
There’s a table and three chairs in the room. (kambaryje yra stalas ir 3 kėdės)

Furniture - neskaičiuotinas, neturi daugiskaitos.

Saulegraza, I would like to visit your dream house! :cheer: What country is it in? :silly:
a dream house, a dream job, a dream car - svajonių namas, svajonių darbas, svajonių mašina. Lietuviškai - daugiskaita, angliškai - vienaskaita :)

More
prieš 8 m. 4 mėn. #3942 nuo Violeta
6B
I. Are there any free tables in the restaurant?
2. There aren‘t any lifts in reception.
3. There is a bath in the bathroom. It's very big.
4. Is there a swimming pool in the garden?
5. There isn‘t a remote control for the TV. Can you ask reception for one?
6. There aren‘t any pictures in the room.
7. Is there a meeting room in the hotel?
8. There are some towels on the floor.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 8 m. 4 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 4 mėn. #3955 nuo Jurate
I'm a little late with the homework this time. :) Sorry everyone!
During our last meeting we learnt how to say in English where something or someone was in the past and we also had new words about places in cities, towns or villages.
Note the word order and remember!

There was - Buvo (vns.) There was a resort in Pasvalys in the past - Pasvalyje seniau buvo kurortas
There were - Buvo (dgs.) There were stone paved streets in Pasvalys in the past - Pasvalyje seniau buvo akmenim grįstos gatvės
There wasn't - Nebuvo (vns.)- There wasn't electricity a hundred years ago - Elektros prieš šimtą metų nebuvo
There weren't - Nebuvo (dgs.) - There weren't any supermarkets in the past - Praeityje nebuvo jokių prekybos centrų
Was there a market a hundred years ago? (vns.)- Ar buvo turgus prieš šimtą metų?
Were there shops a hundred years ago? (dgs.) Ar buvo parduotuvės prieš šimtą metų?
Yes, there was/No, there wasn't (vns.)- Taip/Ne
Yes, there were/No, there weren't(dgs.) - Taip/Ne
Do the exercises on page 99 in your Student Book
Check 6A(b) with the previous comment, it is well done - no mistakes! :cheer:

Go to 'Sound Bank' in you Interactive CD: Vowels - 'Chair'.
Repeat and remember how to say 'there'
I very often say 'there' in a wrong way. Don't listen to me, listen to Sound Bank! ;)

Learn new words for places (page 115 in Student Book , the audio is in 'NEF Class CDs' / CD3 - track 24 6.7)

Remember: a chemist's - vaistinė; a bus station / a railway or a train station [bas steišn, reilwei/trein steišn] - autobusų, geležinkelio arba traukinių stotis, a petrol station - benzino kolonėlė; a market -turgus; awful [o:ful] = terrible - siaubingas

Do the exercises on page 46 in Workbook:

Do exercises on your Interactive CD:

-Words And Phrases - 6A
-Vocabulary - Places

Write about our town Pasvalys (or another city, town or village you like).
Use words from the page 115. Write what there is in Pasvalys and what there isn't. Write what there was in the past, if you know (jei žinote). Write something on the Forum! :cheer:

Moderatoriai: Jurate
Puslapio sukūrimo laikas: 0.393 sekundžių